Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Call me Suzy or call me Crazy





The way I make money, is by saving money. I started coupon shopping about 5 months ago and am saving tons of money by doing it. I get things for free all the time by shopping and earning bucks at Walgreens and CVS pharmacy. I have links to some great blogs on the right hand column of my page and I recommend checking out the links to learn how to shop these stores. And after 5 months of shopping, I am still learning their game. I also shop the ads in the paper, usually hitting one grocery store for the week, by shopping sales and with coupons. If I don't have a coupon and it is not on sale, it doesn't usually hit the cart. I am not brand specific, and that helps too! It takes time but saves us tons of money. I average 60% savings by doing this. I am striving for the 40-90% that the moms on the other blogs save. The stores I shop at don't double coupons, and that is a huge help to them.



I recommend buying the paper and check inside for a special offer to have the paper delivered to your door. Then do it! The Chicago Tribune is $1.00 per week for 3 papers (Sunday, Wednesday & Friday) and I save about $20-$30 per week in coupons. The Sunday paper has the coupons.




I started making Savannah's baby food this week. I figured it saved $2.00 in the 6 jars of carrots and I probably broke even on the peaches. But this way, I know what is in the food and over all I should save some money.




So, my question to you. Do you call me Suzy (Homemaker) or do you call me crazy? I am also looking for ideas on organizing coupons. As you can see I am bursting at the seams.

5 comments:

Suzanne Scott said...

Oh my word Tricia! I wish we were in the same town! I am a total couponing junkie! I have taught at a couple 'mom to mom' meetings on how to save money by using coupons. Reading this post really made me miss you. loves to you and the babe.

girl said...

I call you Tricia. :) This is SO your personality and I am not surprised in the least, but I am motivated to do it myself! Congratulations! :)

Jamie said...

Way to save some money! I also made Grace's food and saved a ton of money doing so. I found the biggest saver for me was making prunes. I bought them in bulk and then reconstituted them in warm water on the stove. Once they were plump, I'd toss in the food processer, puree and then freeze. I did most of mine in ice cube trays and then transfered to freezer bags. Peas are cheap too!

Welcome to my blog! said...

Trica, thanks for helping me on Sunday. I got my Walgreens buck on the items they had in store . . . unfortunately they didn't have everything.

At Sarah's last baseball game I organized all my coupons in the 3 ring binder with baseball card holders and labeled dividers. I really, really like the way it turned out and it will make it so much easier to access my coupons.

Keep it up Crazy Suzy!!

meyersfam said...

This is awesome, I so wish I had the time and focus to do this. Would save us a ton.
Hey one thing I was told to never make homemade carrots for babies. Something with the nitrates or something? Just look it up! Sweet potatoes, pees, and all fruits are good though. Way to go!!!! I am so impressed!