Thursday, January 8, 2009

How many diapers does it take?


This morning after Savannah and my early morning nap, I was woken to a hungry baby. I often change her before I start feeding her so the wet or poopy diaper does not distract her from a good feeding. This morning however it took more than 1 diaper. While changing the diaper our Savannah "sharted" into her fresh diaper before I could close it up (when you fart and poop comes out too) and then finished it off with a good pee which ran down her belly and on her morning outfit. I then removed her outfit and gave her a good wipe down and began to put on a new diaper when she again pooped and peed and did a darn good job of it! Thankfully mom and dad were still here and I called for mom who helped me bathe Savannah and do the clean up. So, to answer the question, I need to keep 3 or more diapers on hand when I change Savannah!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Kate got the nickname "Lava Girl" because it was always 3-4 diapers at a time for the first month.

Enjoy!

Kel

Hollace said...

She looks so adorable in this latest picture!! Way too charming to be the culprit of you story. I'm sure she will be thrilled to read these in her baby book when she is 15! Holly

Acker Family said...

What a funny story! And there will be lots more don't you worry! She's adorable! :)