Monday, January 5, 2009

Baby Love
















After 14 hours in the hospital with contractions which include 6 hours of labor and 40 minutes of pushing, I was rushed into an emergency C-Section on December 30th. Savannah was born at 7:15pm. I have been recovering not only from delivery, but also from the c-section. It was definitely scary being rushed into the c-section. But every time I started pushing Savannah's heart rate dropped and they thought the umbilical cord was either in the way or wrapped around her. She was also facing upward instead of downward during the delivery. And with a 14 cm head, I don't think she would have fit anyway. The healing from the C-section is not as bad as I thought it would be. I get better every day, and the meds are definitely making life bearable.
We will be continuing to update the blog with more photos and updates. I am hearing the cry of feed time. And that means mom... and I love it!
Thanks for all your prayers and notes of encouragement! I love to keep in contact with you all!

9 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Yay for a Tricia/baby update! She's gorgeous!!! And I'm glad you're feeling better each day. Is your mom there with you yet?

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jess and Tricia... Savannah is beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet her!!
Carine (from work) :0)

Hollace said...

Oh, she is adorable! What a darling little girl. I love ALL the pictures. I'm glad your "Savannah B" honey arrived safe and sound, and that your folks were there for the excitement

girl said...

She is just SO adorable!!! I love her eyes! More pictures, please. :) Today I showed Ellie pictures of her new little friend. Love it!!!

Kelly said...

Tricia, she gets cuter in every picture, which I didn't think was possible. Equally cute is Jess's love for her.

You look terrific for just having had a c-section. They aren't pleasant, but not as bad as they lead you to believe. Although my scar still feels a bit funny.

I'm so excited for you both. I can't wait to see God's work in both of you as parents to Savannah. She is one blessed girl.

I should get your phone number so we can actually chat. Miss you roomie. Give Savannah kisses for me.

Love ya,
Kel

Acker Family said...

Such fun pictures!! She is so cute! Glad you are feeling better...try to take it easy!

Anonymous said...

AWWW!!!! Love the new pictures!!! I think you can guess which one is my favorite! Can not wait to see all four of you! Love you guys!!

-Lindsay

(Give Wrigley and Savannah a kiss for me)

Chell795 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chell795 said...

I can't wait to meet my new baby niece! She's adorable! I love that pict of her with Jess & Wrigley! <3 Aunt Mimi